- Business Damage Assessment Survey: The Department of Economic Opportunity has opened the Business Damage Assessment Survey for businesses impacted by Hurricane Michael. Businesses with damage should complete the survey.
- The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity has activated the Private Sector Hotline at 850-815-4925. The hotline is available for business inquiries about the storm and post-impact information.
- Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program : Governor Rick Scott activated the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program to support small businesses impacted by Hurricane Michael. The bridge loan program, managed by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, will provide short-term, interest-free loans to small businesses that experienced physical or economic damage during Hurricane Michael. The application period opened yesterday and runs through .
- Reentry Information: Individuals and businesses seeking to provide essential commodities and services to impacted areas will be allowed reentry. To learn more, go to www.floridadisaster.org/
- Disaster cleanup and other related job openings are now available at http://disasterrecovery.
employflorida.com. Businesses can also post job openings.
- Businesses can also visit FloridaDisaster.biz to view tips for assessing storm damage and to register to receive updates on storm recovery.
For Insurance Claims:
- The Office of Insurance Regulation has ordered property insurers to submit claims information from Hurricane Michael on a daily basis for the next two weeks. Additional data calls will be scheduled in the near future.
- The Office of Insurance Regulation's Incident Management Team remains fully activated and will have representatives at the State Emergency Operations Center in Tallahassee. OIR team members will be actively working throughout the recovery phase with consumer advocates, industry stakeholders and entities licensed under OIR's regulatory authority.
- CFO Jimmy Patronis' Division of Consumer Services has resources to assist consumers with the claims-filing process or file insurance complaints here.